Date: 26. 8.2023
for December 2023 Edition
INCLUSIVE is an open access bi-annual peer reviewed international E-Journal. We invite academics, scholars and students from all over the world to contribute articles, essays and original research works based on the topics mentioned below:
Articles, commentaries and essays are invited on the following topics –
- Unemployment and migration
- Politics of protest
- Religious nationalism
- Citizenship debates and the Constitution
- The New Education Policy in India
- Financial inclusion and popular politics
- Partition and trauma
- Animal rights
- Culture of silence
- Nation in Indian cinema
- BRICS and global politics
- Indian and China
- South Asia
- NATO and Russia
- Development and Environment
- Natural disastersand politics
- End of political ideology
- Violation of human rightsand nationalism
- Women and politics
- Child and world literature
- Women and Sports
- Culture and national identity
- Understanding India’s past
- Social justice movements and Indian politics
- Identity politics
- Terror and the postcolonial
- Political violence
- Ethnic conflicts in North-East India
- Corruption and the political class
- Counter public sphere
- Virtual public sphere
- Politics and post-truth
- Memory: Academic history vs. Popular history
- Sustainable Development
- Labour and employment
- Human development
Guidelines and Instructions
Priority will be given to the topics specified above. However, some papers may be considered for publication on the basis of merit, importance of the topic and author’s writing ability. Decision of the editor and reviewers on matters of paper publication is final.
- Deadline for submission: 10 November, 2023
Book reviews and Commentaries are also invited. Preference will be given to the Books (for Reviews) published not before 2020.
As per INCLUSIVE’s Peer Review Policy, papers will be selected only after double-blind Peer Review.
Contributors are required to carefully check and follow the instructions and guidelines without fail before submission of papers. Papers and articles must be submitted within the deadline.
Papers sent before the Announcement of Call for Papers and after the Deadline will not be considered for publication. They are also advised to strictly follow the Chicago Author-Date Style for in-text citations & notes and references.
Barring rare exceptions a submission should have not more than two authors.
Authors are requested to conduct check/verify plagiarism by himself/herself. Plagiarism verification report only by URKUND or TURNITIN software will be accepted. Authors are asked to send the original scanned plagiarism verification report in times of paper submission.
A processing fee of Rs. 1500.00 (non-refundable) is to be paid at the time of paper-submission through bank transactions (either online or by Account payee cheque in favour of ‘Kolkata Centre for Contemporary Studies’).
However, obtaining prior approval from the journal authority is mandatory before depositing the processing fee. Any deposit without prior approval is not allowed.
Publication in INCLUSIVE is not guided by payment of processing charge. Hence, authors are alerted that many papers submitted in previous editions were rejected due to plagiarism, duplication, poor writing and non-compliance with the clearly stated guidelines and instructions.
It is reminded that the processing fee is non-refundable and authors are informed again that payment of processing fee gives no guarantee of publication.
Contact the email address given below for bank details:firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of processing fee (non-refundable) does not ensure any claim of the author for publication. As usual papers will be selected for publication only on merit, importance/relevance of the topic and writing ability.
- Deadline for submission: 10 November, 2023
- All contributions must be original, not published elsewhere and cannot be sent to other journals simultaneously.
- Full-length academic papers should be in 4000-4500 words including notes & references. Commentary & Perspective should be in 2000-2500 words including notes & references. Book review should be within 2000 words. Word limits should be strictly followed.
- Survey reports and field work reports are not considered for publication.
- Contributors are specifically asked not to furnish tables, diagrams and charts.
- Contributions without page mark must be submitted in MS-Word (.docx), Font must be Times New Roman, Font Size 12 pt., Line Spacing 1.5, Paragraph Spacing 0 pt (before paragraph) & 6pt (after paragraph). Page margin must be 15mm. (0.59") on all four sides. All citations must follow the Chicago Author-Date Style (this is mandatory). There will be no footnotes at the end of each page. The end-note must be with the caption "Notes and References".
- In the text, do not write �%� or �percent�, write �per cent�.
- Spell the words in British style.
- Use single quotation mark to quote a sentence or statement. Use double quotation mark only when you need to quote a statement or expression within a sentence with single quotation mark.
- Author’s Name, Designation, E-Mail Address and Contact no must be furnished at the end of the paper.
- Decision of the Editor regarding publications are final. The Editor reserves the right to reject any contribution without showing any reason and reserves the right to publish a contribution in some later editions of the journal.
- If required, contributors will be asked to provide hard copies of their papers/articles/essays.
- Authors are again asked to follow the Chicago Author-Date Style for notes and references. Any other style for notes and references will not be accepted.
- A brief guide on the Chicago Author-Date Style is available here: http://davidson.libguides.com/c.php?g=349327&p=2357431. Browsing the archive may help understand the Chicago Author-Date Style.